Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prepare to be Amazed?

Who wrote that? Well, I guess I did, with maybe a bit of inspiration from my peers. “Prepare to be Amazed” became sort of our internal mantra for the Conference. Ari used it for his opening slide; it’s a featured headline in our latest ad touting the introduction of Live Oak (see ASBJ, October issue); and, second perhaps to “Holy Toledo” (apologies to our friends from Toledo), the phrase was remarkably popular among the BoardDocs staffers while here. So, like everyone else, I came here preparing to…be amazed. Admittedly, I had a sneak preview of Live Oak a week or so ago, so that cat, as they say, was out of the bag.

Well, I’m still kinda new around here so I was intent on experiencing my first eGovernance Conference to its fullest. From Kevin Carroll, our featured speaker (amazing, by the way), to the “reveal” of Live Oak, to Ari’s closing remarks; I was prepared. What I wasn’t prepared for, however, was over 100 of the most incredible, friendly and sincere people I have ever met - our subscribers. As much “buzz” as there was among Conference attendees about Live Oak, let me assure you that the buzz among the BoardDocs staff was nothing short of how “amazing” our subscribers are – and how very, very fortunate we are to serve you.

So, as the new kid on the block, I look forward to future eGovernance conferences with great anticipation. Whether or not we will introduce new products as exciting as the all new BoardDocs remains to be seen. What I am certain of, is that as I continue to meet more and more of you, I can count on experiences that one could only describe as “amazing.”

Thanks to all of you, for all you do, and helping make BoardDocs such a great place to work.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment